Exciting. Challenging. Rewarding. These are the type of career opportunities Marketplace Events offers to our team members. If you thrive in an environment that encourages accountability, creativity, teamwork, relationship building, customer service and sales and marketing excellence, we encourage you to explore becoming a member of our passionate team.
Marketplace Events is committed to its vision and values. As an employer, we support employees in finding a work/life balance and recognize the importance of a vibrant and dynamic work environment. We are proud that in our 2023 Annual Employee Survey 86% of our employees felt engaged in their work vs. the US national average of only 32% (Gallup research). Most important to us, 99% of our employees said they are proud to work for Marketplace Events and 97% said the work they do is meaningful to them.
If you wish to apply for any of the positions below and are interested in joining this type of organization, please forward your application to the HR department by emailing email@example.com unless otherwise stated.
EXHIBIT SALES CONSULTANT
Currently recruiting in the following markets: Salt Lake City + Vancouver (Canada)
These are remote positions working from home. This position is responsible for selling exhibit space via telephone (primarily) and face-to-face calls (limited). You will work on multiple shows focusing on new business prospecting, we have a strong prospecting database. Selling exhibit space for our premier home shows to businesses in the remodeling, home décor, landscaping and building industries is your primary responsibility. We are proud to offer the highest quality home shows in the market to top tier home improvement companies. If you have a hunter mentality and are driven to make things happen, this is the job for you!
- Sell exhibit space in home show(s) via outbound telephone calls
- Sell add-on advertising/marketing opportunities to your customers
- Make 50-60 sales calls per day to current and prospective clients
- Meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals and related targets
- Work in CRM program; every sales conversation to be documented and all information to be complete/detailed
- Develop and maintain relationships with exhibitors; ensure customer satisfaction and provide excellent service
- Through use of our consumer research, understand our attendee demographic and use this information to help sell in the right exhibitors, as well as help our exhibitors do an optimum job reaching their customers
- Constantly seek out leads for potential exhibitors from every possible source such as advertisements in other media, internet sources, competitive shows, exhibitors from other Marketplace Events shows, association members, etc.
- Constantly build and maintain sales database utilizing existing processes/guidelines for documenting records
- Attend appropriate competitive shows/events and follow-up on leads immediately
- Source local sponsorship leads
- Understand our show features, marketing/promotional plan and utilize this information
- Attend weekly video chats with manager and team, attend occasional in-person meetings with manager, team and/or clients, and attend annual in-person company meeting
- Provide onsite floor management in-person at the show and assist show management with the coordination of the move-in/move-out of the show
- Bring personal energy, enthusiasm, and flair as a member of the sales team, willing to put in whatever hours are necessary to get the job done
- Ensure all contracts are signed and space is paid in full on time
- Collection calls as needed
- Travel to company meetings, shows and training
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- 2+ year of proven sales experience required, preferably within a telephone-based, inside sales, outbound calling environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including presentation skills required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness and stress management skills
- Experience in events including home shows is a plus!
- Competitive base salary + monthly commission
- Sponsorship sales commission
- Health, dental and vision benefits as well as GRSP/401k plan with 3% employer match
- Generous paid time off program, four weeks per calendar year
- A high-energy culture that rewards success
- Flexible remote work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
These positions report to the Show Manager.
To apply for these opportunities, please submit your cover letter and resume to Terri Higgins, VP, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Applicant should meet criteria outlined